GT Advanced Technologies is currently seeking a hands-on Sr Process Engineer to work on manufacturing process development, grinding, wafering, inspecting, polishing and characterization of Silicon Carbide. This person will utilize innovative concepts and best-known methods to improve and develop processes and products. The ideal candidate will also provide technical leadership, support, and training to internal and external customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements basic engineering projects: process development, process design.
- Troubleshoot process development issues and interacts with mechanical, electrical and software engineers to resolve issues and fix bugs.
- Defines and performs Design for Experiments (DOE) and completes Material Test Reports (MTR)
- Collection and analysis of process data. Trends process stability, performance, and yield.
- Generates high-level engineering test reports and presents results/conclusions to the design/process engineering community.
- Supports operational consistency in production by implementing process improvements and process optimization projects.
- Uses simulations to solve complex problems and tests the hypotheses.
- Provides plant support and troubleshooting from growth to wafer processes.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of complex documentation sets, involving highly technical material, for training purposes under limited supervision.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Understanding of business unit processes and hardware; knowledge of data analysis techniques to summarize data.
- Development of new processes and equipment.
- Developing metrology for new processes.
- Design of experiments and statistical data analysis.
- Team and project leadership.
- Other tasks as needed or assigned.
- Self-motivated and independent
- Approachability & internal customer focus
- Action Orientation/Initiative
- Strategic Agility & Planning
- Communication Skills (both written and presentation).
- Business Acumen
- Engineering Acumen
- The successful candidate will have an Engineering and or Business degree, Manufacturing Engineering preferred, with a minimum of 7 years of relevant progressive project/program experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial experience in a Manufacturing engineering or development environment.
- Experience in Modeling Software with SolidWorks, ProE, CG SIM, Virtual Reactor, ANSYS or others preferred.
- Minitab or JMP statistical analysis software preferred.
- Experience in process design, process optimization and or production support.
- Experience in high end grinding and wire sawing of hard brittle materials or crystals.
- Experience with cleaning, microscopic & mechanical inspection, and x-ray of wafers.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to manage conflict in a stressful environment.
- Understands and listens to team members and fosters a productive team environment.
- Handles multiple projects and priorities.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software: MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. in addition to experience working within shared work environments. CAD, CAD model design lifecycle management, and Visio.
- 10% domestic and international travel.
Please forward your current resume or CV to email@example.com
GT Advanced Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.