GT Advanced Technologies Salem, MA location is currently seeking a Quality/Manufacturing Technician. This person will gain understanding of our overall crystal optics manufacturing process and the quality and MRP systems we use to run our business. The candidate will then coordinate crystal orders, provide in-process and final inspection steps and work within certain optics manufacturing cells. The candidate must be highly motivated, autonomous and excited to learn about new materials, processes and equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and characterize crystals according to training.
- Write-up inspection reports for crystals.
- Allocate crystals to jobs, matching appropriate crystal characteristics to jobs.
- Work with the fabrication department to develop optimum production steps and sequence, create material routers with work instructions.
- Interface with manufacturing software programs in order to process crystal and jobs.
- Work with various lasers, optical benches and other measurement and inspection systems.
- Provide final inspection and reporting on finished optics.
- Working with R&D team to polish optics.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and maintain a safe work area.
- Strive for higher level of personal productivity.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Organizational skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Interest in materials and optics.
- Understanding of manufacturing concepts.
- Good communication skills.
- Internal and external customer focus.
- High school diploma. Associates technical degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in a technical role.
- Computer and software competency.
- Ability to use optical tools and instruments.
- High degree of dexterity to handle and measure small, complex products with hand tools.
- Experience with optics and/or ceramics manufacturing a plus.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing principles and practices.
- Good communication and presentation skills to properly communicate information of moderate complexity to peers, customers and vendors.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds to chest level.
Please forward your current resume or CV to email@example.com
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.