The Quality Assurance Inspector is responsible for the incoming inspection and First Article inspection of products being delivered to the facility. This requires hands-on inspection using various tools and methods and implementation/documentation of all Quality requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform incoming, first article, and raw material inspection.
- Comply with Material Certification system, including proper material logs, proper certifications, and proper ID or remnants.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints, engineering change notices or established operating procedures.
- Identify and report non-conformances using documented procedures.
- Prepares and maintains inspection reports and records.
- May be required to conduct daily audits.
- Work to continually improve processes and procedures to make our company work more consistently, efficiently and improve quality.
- Ensure compliance with all company safety standards.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Ability to use dial calipers and micrometers and other common instruments.
- Computer data entry.
- Basic math skills.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to resolve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to successfully complete a wide variety of complex job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills to properly communicate complex information to peers and members of the management team.
- High School Diploma required or Technical degree in technical fields including Computer Science, Information Technology, Hard Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, and Materials Science preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in manufacturing, technology and/or mechanical fields are preferred.
- Quality Control / Quality Assurance background highly preferred.
- Skilled in the use of inspection tools, strong mechanical aptitude, and works well both independently and as a team player, strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated knowledge on ISO/TS standards.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize, and work with minimal supervision. Works well independently as well as in a team environment.
- A strong goal-orientation and high energy level are critical.
- Familiarity with working at a company experiencing rapid growth.
- Has a desire to drive continuous improvement.
- Results-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excel skills required and intermediate capability in other MS Office tools.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus with emphasis Quality Notifications (QN)
- Knowledge of Calibration requirements and procedures.
- Manage Non-Conforming material for incoming and production(MRB).
- Knowledge of SolidWorks Inspector a plus.
Please forward your current resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
GT Advanced Technologies is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce committed to maintaining a professional and safe workplace free from unlawful discrimination, bias or harassment.