We are looking for a reliable Handyman to undertake upkeep and repair tasks to the interior and/or exterior of company premises. We will rely on this person to keep our facilities in perfect condition by doing various odd jobs! This person must be well-organized with strong general repair skills. This will be a temporary role for up to six months with potential for permanent hire. The work hours will be Monday-Friday, 4 to 6 hours per day, and possibly some Saturdays, as needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall Facility Cleanliness and Safety awareness.
- Perform maintenance and light repairs/painting as needed.
- Perform routine landscaping/minor upkeep on the grounds.
- Patch and Paint walls and floors, as needed (on walls, sidewalks, etc.).
- Undertake light installation or carpentry (e.g., build cabinets).
- Repair equipment or appliances.
- Assist facilities team and possible tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs.
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks (e.g., shoveling snow).
- Identify and report the need for major repairs.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Highschool diploma or GED.
- Experience in a manufacturing facility a plus.
- Experience with general repair, hardware tools and electrical equipment.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems, helpful.
- Basic math skills.
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving.
- Attention to detail.
- High sense of urgency, drive and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment meeting critical deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs without assistance and up to 140lbs with assistance.
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, kneel, reach, crawl, push, pull and twist a majority of the day.
Please email resumes to: email@example.com
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.