The System Administrator-MES will be responsible for the development and support of the current and future MES systems at GT Advanced Technologies. This person will work under limited supervision and will be expected to play an active role in working with Operations and Engineering users to gather and identify business requirements and use-cases to support designing of new IT system enhancements. The successful candidate must have good programming and database experience in Microsoft technologies and experience working in a manufacturing company developing solutions for MES and other Factory Data Systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with consultants and stakeholders on commissioning new Wonderware MES platform.
- Manages project schedule and milestones to ensure project delivery.
- Works with Operations and Engineering as system expert to provide inputs/recommendations on system-level solutions to support business needs.
- Very comfortable writing queries against a SQL database and to use that information to generate reports using SSRS.
- Participates in process mapping and design meetings.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of MES system.
- Works with the Product Development team on system enhancements needed to support the introduction of new manufacturing processes/products.
- Works with IT in designing and testing for MES system enhancements and customizations.
- Provides technical expertise for system functional specifications and deploys new and current systems, processes and procedures in a cost-effective manner.
- Works with ERP team to define integration touch points between ERP and MES systems.
- Handles Project Documentation.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to understand end-user needs/requirements and translate to IT systems requirements.
- Writes specifications, schedules, and technical reports.
- Responsible for supporting MES factory modeling and design.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification, and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience developing/maintaining SCADA/MES solutions (experience with Wonderware System Platform / MES a plus).
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to communicate to all levels (engineering, management and production).
- Strong aptitude to learn new techniques and take on new challenges.
- Excellent project management skills with experience delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Flexibility and availability to work outside normal hours to handle emergency repairs or situations.
- Experience in a facilities/maintenance operation in a 24/7, high-volume manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to write clear requirements documents, design documents, test plans, and end-user documentation. Must be able to present requirements, designs, test plans and status to peers and management.
- Ability to multitask and switch gears to meet changing priorities and tasks to accomplish goals/objectives.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL and .NET a plus.
Please forward your current resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
GT Advanced Technologies is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce committed to maintaining a professional and safe workplace free from unlawful discrimination, bias or harassment.