GT Advanced Technologies is looking for a Lead Growth Production Technician to support our facility in Hudson, NH. The Lead position will be responsible for the set-up and operation of our SiC furnaces during their shift. This position is for back-end night shift.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Growth Production Technician performs functions associated with all SiC production including but not limited to:
- Loading and unloading furnaces.
- Monitoring process activity and producing daily updates.
- Preparing source material (assembly, weighing, mixing and required data entry).
- Accurately collects, records and communicates operating data for review and retention.
- Ensures equipment is in good working condition for process optimization.
- Performs furnace cleaning and general maintenance activities.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and sustaining of equipment.
- Work closely with Sustaining Engineering on Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Monitoring of DOE’s and R&D tests.
- Responsible for troubleshooting nonstandard events in the production line.
- Utilizes training to work and operate machine tools independently while maintaining standard operating procedures.
- The GPT may be responsible for peer training to standardize SOPs. Will participate in safety forum and safety excellence teams.
- Maintains a safe work environment and enforces all safety protocols.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of product, equipment, tools, supplies, and inventory points within a work cell.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED. Vocational High School Technical training or Technical trade certificate a plus.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a technical manufacturing environment required.
- Ability to work in complex and broadly defined parameters. Requires a high degree of judgment and initiative.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude required.
- A working knowledge of SPC and strong computing skills.
- Experience in computer software (Microsoft Office and data base entry).
- Must be self-motivated, showing initiative and drive to exceed performance expectations.
- Strong work ethic and flexible to working hours and shift changes.
- Analytical problem solving and testing skills.
- Attention to detail required for quality output.
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment and multitask.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow 5S, LEAN a plus.
- Able to speak and write fluently in English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of working with a variety of handheld tools.
- Ability to stand and walk for 12-hour shifts.
- Shift is back end nights.
Please forward your current resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.