GT Advanced Technologies is seeking a Facilities Manager professional to help support our Salem, Massachusetts optical material production facility.
The Facilities Manager will be expected to have hands-on responsibility for the installation, maintenance, performance, modification and economical operation of all facility equipment and infrastructure. The Facilities Manager will monitor infrastructure systems, plan maintenance and modifications, secure vendors, request quotes and implement schedules. A working knowledge of facility sub systems is required such as HVAC, electrical distribution, cooling systems, compressed air and gas distribution. This position will report to the Crystal Growth Manager and will operate with minimal supervision.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Ensure UPS systems, generators, water cooling systems, plumbing infrastructure are all operating properly.
- Works closely with EH&S Manager to ensure facilities follow National, State, local building/ mechanical/ electrical codes; safety codes, OSHA regulations; fire codes; GTAT’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assists in the initiation, implementation and management of the plant maintenance program based on best practices in manufacturing, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling of preventative/predictive maintenance.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment. Initiates reordering when necessary.
- Assists in the ongoing review of the operation of plant equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, proactively solve problems in a timely manner and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Ensures city, county, state and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Coordinates with Program Managers and Director of Engineering on maintenance, repair work in process areas and plans/implements facility improvements to support business objectives.
- Develops and implements procedures and practices to maintain clean, tidy, productive, and safe work areas for multiple development activities.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the GTAT’s policies and applicable laws.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Interpersonal effectiveness and excellent communication skills are essential to this role.
- Initiative, multi-tasking, detail oriented, and teamwork are also key competencies.
- Must have expertise and proficiency with Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Ability and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to properly communicate information of moderate complexity to peers and members of the management team (up through senior management level) and some external contacts, such as vendors.
- Hands-on mechanical skills to perform maintenance on equipment and facilities.
- Machining and fabrication experience are a definite plus.
- Forklift and scissor lift proficiency beneficial.
- Must have an electrician’s license.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with facility infrastructure or in related area.
- High sense of urgency, drive and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment meeting critical deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Travel up to 5% for training.
Please forward your current resume or CV to email@example.com
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.