GT Advanced Technologies is seeking a highly effective Facilities Maintenance Engineer to perform operational activities necessary to keep complex facilities systems operating without interruption. The successful candidate will also perform routine maintenance and repairs to the facility structure, plumbing, electrical and HVAC. This is a back-end night shift.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on all facilities systems as directed by the Facilities Manager.
- Performs skilled trades work such as carpentry, HVAC, electrical or plumbing.
- Works with manufacturing or process engineering in the installation repair and or assembly of production equipment.
- Routinely makes periodic or special inspections of the facility and grounds to determine necessary repair work.
- Performs plant systems repair and maintenance to process support equipment such as vacuum pumps, air compressors, rooftop environmental control equipment, including HVAC units, cooling towers, exhaust fans, standby generators and UPS systems.
- Assists in the generation and continual improvement of facilities department operations and maintenance procedures.
- Tracks, charts and records facility equipment conditions and parameters to ensure that they are operating efficiently.
- Supports manufacturing in the maintenance and operation of production equipment.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Skilled in one or more of the building trades, e.g., Electrical, HVAC.
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to work with hand and power tools.
- Ability to interpret and work from blueprints, drawings and schematics.
- Knowledge of HVAC temperature control systems and components such as pumps, heat exchangers control valves, sensors.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution systems, standby generators and UPS systems.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of organization (i.e. operations personnel and supervisors, engineering and management staff and outside contractors).
- Ability to assess the soundness of a facility system and/or structure and make recommendations for repair.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all legally required and accepted workplace safety standards.
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills with the ability to follow up with appropriate repairs.
- Formal trade school, vocational training or equivalent experience and certification in one or more of the key building trades. Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in construction or facilities maintenance.
- Must be proficient with office productivity software such as MS Word and Excel as well as computerized machine control platforms such as Rockwell Factory Talk and Trane Tracer. Familiarity with SAP is desirable.
- Flexibility and availability to work outside normal hours to handle emergency repairs or situations.
- Experience in a facilities/maintenance operation in a 24/7, high-volume manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to load, unload, and move large equipment and tools. Continuous walking, stair/ladder climbing and lifting.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize, and work with minimal supervision. Works well independently as well as in a team environment.
- A strong goal-orientation and high energy level are critical.
- Familiarity working with a company experiencing rapid growth.
Please forward your current resume or CV to email@example.com
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.