The Quality Assurance Inspector reports to the Quality Lead/Supervisor/Manager and is responsible for the quality of product leaving the facility. This requires hands on inspection, and implementation/ documentation of all Quality requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform inspection, including in process, first article and final for raw material.
- Comply with Material Certification system, including proper material logs, proper certifications and proper ID or remnants.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints, engineering change notices or established operating procedures.
- Determines acceptance, rejection or rework requirements.
- Enters yield data.
- Prepares and maintains inspection reports and records.
- May be required to conduct daily audits.
- Work to continually improve processes and procedures to make our company work more consistently, efficiently and improve quality.
- Ensure compliance with all company safety standards.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Ability to enter data into computer.
- Computer literate in both Excel and Word.
- Excellent math skills.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to successfully complete a wide variety of complex job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to resolve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills to properly communicate complex information to peers and members of the management team.
- High School Diploma required or Technical degree in technical fields including Computer Science, Information Technology, Hard Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, and Materials Science preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in manufacturing, technology and/or mechanical fields are preferred.
- Ability to use dial calipers and micrometers.
- Experience with microscope and hand measuring tools.
- Quality Assurance background highly preferred.
- Skilled in the use of inspection tools, strong mechanical aptitude, and works well both independently and as a team player, strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated knowledge on ISO/TS standards.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize, and work with minimal supervision. Works well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills necessary.
- Very proficient in Excel skills and intermediate capability in other MS Office tools.
- Six Sigma/Lean/Continuous Improvement Background a plus.
- High sense of urgency, drive and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Results-oriented with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment meeting critical deadlines.
- A strong goal-orientation and high energy level are critical.
- Familiarity working with a company experiencing rapid growth.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, timely with strong analytical skills.
- Has a desire to drive continuous improvement.
- Good knowledge of SAP.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Please forward your current resume or CV to email@example.com
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.