GT Advanced Technologies is seeking an energetic, highly organized Product Manager/Technical Sales position who will be responsible for both product planning and product marketing for sapphire applications. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with process and engineering to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales to ensure the revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. This position will be based in Salem, MA, and will report directly to the Director of Global Sales.
Responsible to develop and manage sales and product activities in specific channels, support business objectives, lead acquisition, foster customer retention and relationships, provide sales support and advance brand building for GT’s sapphire business unit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by executing research (i.e. voice of the customer meetings, market reports, etc.) needed to obtain market information.
- Interfaces with stakeholders, including clients, business development and engineering colleagues on customer requirements.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications, requirements, and appraising new product ideas.
- Responsible for identification of potential market segments. (e.g., sapphire optical applications, sapphire laser optics, etc.) and working with the Marketing and Communications Manager to create brand building strategies.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, understanding pricing requirements, detailing the market potential, and proposing sales options.
- Assists sales managers in developing pricing strategies for various product lines and generates quotes in support of customer requests.
- Attends conferences and professional association meetings to promote GTAT’s product solutions and brand.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts.
- Maintains professional affiliations and current knowledge of the latest issues related to target industries.
- Identifies and presents innovative and creative product solutions.
- Identifies products performance, BOM cost, and operational requirements based upon the market & competitive analysis.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution for new and existing products.
- Coordinates and builds strong working relations with various internal organizations, including Product Development, Engineering, Sales, and Operations.
- Leads the development, approval, training, and communication of new products/product changes and their associated customers, operational, system, & process impacts to the various internal organizations.
- Monitors internal processes for efficiency and validity pre & post product launch/changes.
- To meet/exceed and maintain service levels as assigned by management.
- To meet/exceed expected reliability standards.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Excellent technical communication skills (verbal and written).
- Advanced spreadsheet and numerical analysis skills on business case analysis.
- Ability to write and deliver training courses and materials.
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills.
- Group facilitation skills.
- Time management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Business or similar, plus Product and/or Technically relevant Sales Management experience. Experience working in optics or laser related industries a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both internal and external parties in a variety of written/verbal settings.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in prospecting and lead generation.
- Strong project management skills.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize, and work with minimal supervision. Works well independently as well as in a team environment.
- A strong goal-orientation and high energy level are critical.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, timely with strong analytical skills.
- Has a desire to drive continuous improvement.
- Results-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- 25-35% domestic and/or international travel required.
Please forward your current resume or CV to email@example.com
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.