GT Advanced Technologies is currently seeking a hands-on Metrology Process Engineer. This person will utilize innovative concepts and best known methods to improve processes and develop new products. The ideal candidate will also provide technical leadership, support, and training to internal and external customers. This position will report to the Metrology Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train in theory and operation to a level of expert proficiency on a set of semiconductor metrology tools.
- Designs and implements basic engineering projects: process development, process design.
- Troubleshoots process development issues and interacts with mechanical, electrical and software engineers to resolve issues and fix bugs.
- Generates high-level engineering test reports and presents results/conclusions to the design/process engineering community.
- Supports operational consistency in production by implementing process improvements and process optimization projects.
- Work in cleanroom conditions 25% of the time.
- Uses statistical software tools to solve complex problems and test the hypotheses (Minitab, Tableau, etc.).
- Design and oversee Gage studies on various inspection equipment and processes.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and Control Plans.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Very good understanding of business unit processes and hardware; good knowledge of data analysis techniques to summarize data.
- Other tasks as needed or assigned.
Experience with the following preferred:
- Semiconductor or metrology equipment a plus.
- Team and project leadership.
- Statistical analysis software tools.
- Design of experiments and statistical data analysis.
- Structured problem solving.
- Project and time management.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Approachability & internal customer focus.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Developing metrology for new processes.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Action Orientation/Initiative.
- Strategic Agility & Planning.
- Communication Skills (both written and presentation).
- Business Acumen.
- Engineering Acumen.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to successfully complete a wide variety of complex job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- B.S. in Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning, and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Requires excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to manage conflict in a stressful environment.
- Understands and listens to team members and fosters a productive team environment.
- Handles multiple projects and priorities with exceptional organizational and time management skills (both project and self).
- Must have strong written communication skills, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel programs, and ability to write in user friendly terms and specific details.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software: MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. in addition to experience working within shared work environments.
- 10% domestic and international travel possible
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.