GT Advanced Technologies Salem, MA location is currently searching for a mechanical engineer. This person will gain understanding of our overall crystal production and optics business and the many equipment sets and processes we use in our facility. The candidate will then work to identify unique requirements of our crystal growth, fabrication and test/measurement processes; then, participate in a team environment to design, modify and build equipment, sub-assemblies and related components.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design fixtures, jigs and tools.
- Generate technical drawings.
- Develop material handling solutions.
- Process development for sapphire fabrication (slicing, grinding, wire saw).
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Document process solutions and train technicians.
- Design preventive maintenance solutions and spares quick change out alternatives to improve tool reliability.
- Develop relationships with operators, engineers and supervisors to create a team approach to continuous improvement.
- Solves complex problems using existing solutions.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and maintain a safe work area.
- Strive for higher level of personal productivity.
- Other duties as needed or assigned; contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Entry to 3 years of engineering or related experience.
- Ability to design, machine and build parts in house (jigs, tools, etc.).
- Experience with ceramics fabrication and polishing a plus.
- Proficient with CAD (AutoCAD, SolidWorks).
- Basic machining skills (vertical milling machine, lathe).
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good knowledge of mechanical design principles and practices.
- Good communication and presentation skills to properly communicate information of moderate complexity to peers, customers, vendors, and members of the management team (up through senior management level).
- Domestic travel, up to 10%.
Please forward your current resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.