GT Advanced Technologies is looking for a Growth Production Technician to support our facility in Hudson, NH. This position will assist with set-up and operation of our SiC furnaces. This position will be based in Hudson, NH, and report directly to the Growth Supervisor. This is a night shift.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Growth Production Technician performs functions associated with all SiC production including but not limited to:
- Loading and unloading furnaces.
- Monitoring process activity and producing periodic updates.
- Preparing source material weighs, mixes, and loads in furnaces.
- Accurately collects, records, and communicates operating data for review and retention.
- Ensuring equipment is in good working condition for process optimization.
- Performing furnace cleaning and general maintenance activities.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and sustaining of equipment.
- Monitoring of DOE’s and MTR’s.
- Responsible for troubleshooting nonstandard events in the production line.
- Utilizing training to work and operate machine tools independently while maintaining standard operating procedures.
- The GPT may be responsible for peer training to standardize SOPs. Will participate in safety forum and safety excellence teams.
- Maintaining a safe work environment and enforces all safety protocols.
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of product, equipment, tools, supplies, and inventory points within a work cell.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED. Vocational High School Technical training or Technical trade certificate a plus.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a technical manufacturing environment required.
- Ability to work in complex and broadly defined parameters. Requires a high degree of judgment and initiative.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude required.
- A working knowledge of SPC and strong computing skills.
- Experience in computer software (Microsoft Office and data base entry).
- Must be self-motivated, showing initiative and drive to exceed performance expectations.
- Strong work ethic and flexible to working hours and shift changes.
- Analytical problem solving and testing skills.
- Attention to detail required for quality output.
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment and multitask.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow 5S, LEAN a plus.
- Able to speak and write fluently in English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of working with a variety of handheld tools.
- Ability to stand and walk for 12-hour shifts. Shifts are to support a 24/7 operation: front and back end shifts (Sun-Wed) (Wed-Sat).
Please forward your current resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.