GT Advanced Technologies is seeking an energetic, highly-organized individual to supervise the work area within material fabrication. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in fabrication methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. This position directly supervises the day-to-day activities and work priorities of employees in the Fab Department and will assist with technical problems and recommend solutions and process improvements. This position has input into the hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews of personnel. This position reports to the Manager, Fabrication, and ensures area fabrication targets are achieved per plans and works under moderate supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and schedules the activities of a designated shift, keeping appropriate records and management informed of delivery against schedules, priorities, and problems.
- Advises direct reports with regard to administrative procedures, technical problems and work priorities. Will recommend solutions to address and assist in the resolution of complex problems knowing when to escalate the more complex problems to management.
- Strong time management skills to successfully complete a variety of job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Ensures employee training is completed and that employees follow all SOP’s.
- Good multi-tasking and organizational skills and ability to prioritize based on business needs.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills to support the optimization of the fab process, and continually improve upon current processes and procedures as needed.
- General communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, to regularly interact with and provide updates to planner/buyers, peers, and members of the management team.
- Maintains day-to-day records and progress reports.
- Remains current on OSHA and EPA regulations concerning facilities and safety and ensures that all safety rules and regulations are met.
- Works with management to establish methods to meet work schedules.
- Interviews, hires, supervises, trains, develops, motivates and evaluates the performance of staff.
- Responsible for achieving operational results by communicating job expectations; planning, coaching employees monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process and equipment; monitoring direct reports and resources; implementing changes, initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes fabrication planning by scheduling and assigning employees; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow of their shift
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Establishes and fosters a Safety culture and ensures compliance with safe work practices. Follows company protocols and escalation process. Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Contributes to the department’s continuous improvement process. Continually looks for ways to improve process and is proactive in identifying potential problems.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of manufacturing experience with a minimum 2-3 years of supervisory responsibility, preferred.
- College degree in technical, process engineering or material science preferred.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, detail-oriented, accurate, timely with strong analytical skills.
- Good level of working knowledge of current OSHA, ADA, and all other government regulations concerning facilities and safety.
- Excellent Excel skills required and intermediate capability in other MS Office tools.
- Proven leadership, communication, coaching, mentoring skills. Ability to instill a high sense of urgency, results driven culture and providing direction to achieve the department goals. Determine and establish team and individual goals/metrics.
- Strong attention to detail and drive to take proactive approach is required.
- Solid experience to independently identify, analyze, and solve problems with creative and successful solutions. Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions.
- Skilled and experienced in the art of organization and time management to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated success being keenly tuned in to customers, managers, peers, and others for strong teamwork and relationships.
- MRP system experience; SAP preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds to chest level.
- Six Sigma/Lean/Continuous Improvement Background a plus.
- May include some travel.
Please forward your current resume or CV to email@example.com
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.