GT Advanced Technologies is seeking an Equipment Maintenance Technician to help support our Salem, Massachusetts location.
This position will be responsible for day-today maintenance, troubleshooting and repair activities of machine tools to support the manufacturing engineering and production departments in a materials manufacturing environment. Utilizes established product and/or process specifications to ensure product quality, troubleshooting, and modifications. Assists with start-up and initial operation of newly installed equipment and incorporation of new processes and materials. May perform trial activities and collect data to assist with the development of prototypes and fabrication process improvements. Applies general principles and techniques of engineering to accomplish goals.
It is preferred that this individual have 4+ years of experience in machine tool maintenance and repair with a solid mechanical background, including basic machining, knowledge of CNC programming. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, work well both independently and as a team player, and have strong work ethics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform installation, modification, repair, and maintenance of machine tools, including OD grinders, surface grinders, vertical mills, and lathes.
- Prepare accurate records for preventative maintenance for machines and equipment. Complete all process/product related documentation as it relates to the work performed.
- Execute assigned projects as instructed and within allocated time.
- Assist machine operators in coordination of their work, tooling setup and operation of production equipment.
- Fabricate simple fixtures and tools as needed.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to successfully complete a wide variety of complex job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to resolve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills to properly communicate information of moderate complexity to peers and members of the management team and some external contacts, such as vendors.
- High school diploma or GED. Vocational High School Technical training or Technical trade certificate a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical manufacturing environment required.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Ability to operate milling machine and lathe.
- Ability to operate and program CNC tools. Experience with Siemens controller a plus.
- Experience in computer software (Microsoft Office and data base entry).
- Must be self-motivated, showing initiative and drive to exceed performance expectations.
- Analytical problem solving and testing skills.
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment and multitask.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow 5S, LEAN a plus.
- Able to speak and write fluently in English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of working with a variety of handheld tools.
- Ability to stand and walk for 8-hour shifts.
Please forward your current resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.