GT Advanced Technologies is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Controls Engineer. This person will identify requirements of and create specifications for complex industrial power equipment; then, supervise the manufacturing, installation, and commissioning of that equipment. Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to solve problems and accomplish goals. Travel, including international, will be required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies requirements of and creates specifications for complex industrial power equipment.
- Locates and selects potential vendors to manufacture equipment.
- Supervises equipment manufacturing, installation, commissioning, and start-up.
- Applies electrical engineering principals to troubleshoot and solve problems on equipment.
- Assists with the development of qualification test procedures and carries out qualification testing.
- Reads and interprets schematics, specifications for electrical equipment, and technical reports.
- Designs and implements control systems, including programming of PLC’s and HMI’s.
- Identifies and monitors project milestones.
- Prepares reports of results and conclusions for management.
- Research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- B.S.E.E. with controls experience. May have advanced degree.
- 3-5 years of industrial electrical or related experience.
- The successful candidate will have experience with industrial power systems including transformers, power controllers, and distribution equipment.
- In-depth understanding of PLC hardware and software platforms. HMI programming experience a plus.
- Experience with instrumentation and control systems.
- Good knowledge of electrical theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques.
- Good communication and presentation skills to properly communicate information of moderate complexity to peers, customers, vendors, and members of the management team (up through senior management level).
- Ability to work with and meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning, and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Travel, including international, up to 15%.
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.