GT Advanced Technologies is currently seeking an energetic, highly organized EH&S Manager. This position plans, implements and manages programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial loss. Provides various health and safety compliance guidance for the Occupational Safety & Health (OSHA) and other health and safety programs; and ensures that safety regulatory requirements are observed to protect the stakeholders of the company. Works closely with senior management, business units, and functional groups as necessary and interacts frequently with Human Resources, Legal, and Facilities management and personnel to develop and maintain a business-wide culture of safe work practices and emergency preparedness. Must be able to perform and take direction in a functional organization; able to provide mentorship for others in team; and able to work and set direction independently to meet program timelines. This position is based in Hudson, NH, and reports directly to the Sr Manager, Product Compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for programs that promote continuous improvement to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
- Complete and submit required municipal, state, and federal reports as required.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive program for emergency response, crisis management, emergency preparedness, disaster recovery, and business continuity. Maintain liaison with local law and emergency agencies for optimum response and recovery.
- Manage the company’s Evacuation Team; identify team members, develop a process for the team to use in the event of an emergency; conduct periodic team training.
- Lead the company’s Safety Committee. Review major accident and incident reports, plant inspections, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of safety training programs in alignment with GT Advanced Technologies’ program philosophy. Training programs include, but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Bloodborne Pathogen, Emergency Procedures, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, etc. Provide an orientation to new employees and contractors on the company’s Safety Programs.
- Ensure regulatory federal, state ad company compliance guidelines are consistently applied by compiling data/metrics useful for measuring the company’s safety climate through department supervisors.
- Conduct periodic inspections and maintain records for fire extinguishers and eyewash stations. Coordinate annual inspection of fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems for all divisions.
- Act as management advisor to the First Aid Team; coordinate training and retain records of CPR/AED certifications, basic first aid training, First Responder training and certification, Bloodborne Pathogen training; lead periodic team meetings and provide recognition as appropriate.
- Prepare and monitor budget safety and medical supplies.
- Conduct employee exposure testing to identify airborne, chemical, and hearing exposures. Ensure effective engineering and administrative controls are in place and personal protective equipment is utilized to minimize/eliminate exposures over permissible limits.
- Report to and advise the site leadership team on Safety and Health & Environmental performance, identifying key issues and areas for improvement. Present alternative resolutions to a variety of safety issues to ensure compliance and the safety of employees at the lowest cost and minimizing disruption of workflow.
- Monitor periodicals, industry publications and web sites to maintain knowledge of evolving regulations pertaining to health and safety legislation, determine applicability to the all GT locations, and ensure compliance. Communicate new regulatory changes that affect GT Advanced Technologies.
- Work closely with Human Resources staff for Workers’ Compensation case management, return to work opportunities, job safety analyses, and job accommodation.
- Maintain lists of chemicals used in the facility and manage the company’s web based SDS database.
- Acts as company representative for insurance company inspections, OSHA inspections, municipal facility inspections, etc.
- Plan and execute periodic emergency drills (building evacuation, First Aid Team, disaster).
- Maintain OSHA log records, post required notices and reports in compliance with regulations. Participate in accident investigations to determine causes and develop preventive measures. Ensure that accidents and incidents are fully investigated and work with managers and employees to ensure that corrective and/or preventive measures are taken.
- Perform hazard identification, near-miss, and incident investigations to develop solutions that prevent or minimize reoccurrence.
- Assist in the administration of OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, EPA, CERCLA, DOT/IATA and other relevant safety and environmental standards.
- Maintain and develop lock out- tag out and hot work policies and procedures.
- Maintain and inspect hazardous waste accumulation areas and coordinate hazardous waste disposal.
- Maintain company environmental permitting requirements.
- Participate in and/or lead HAZOP reviews.
- Assist employees with ergonomic evaluations.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Associates degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science or similar technical discipline and 5+ years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, regulatory agencies, vendors, and the public.
- Must possess proficient computer skills (database management and programs for reports and letters), with Microsoft Office and internet skills required.
- Must be able to manage several projects simultaneously frequently changing priorities and course of action.
- Understanding of ISO 9001:2015 requirements (preferred)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification highly desirable.
- Ability to function as a team player. Ability to accept personal accountability for successful job performance. Ability to initiate and offer suggestions aimed at improving service to our customers.
- Experience in large industrial equipment, industrial processes, pressure vessels or high temperature applications, preferred.
- Travel up to 25%.
Please forward your current resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.